Sunday 29 March 2020

Tabletop Screen

This is a project that I wanted to do for a quite a while.
I had a very old laptop where the screen had come off and I wasn't able to use the laptop any more. So I decided to embed the screen to my electronics table so that I can use the screen to display some information that I want to look up while working.






 To ensure that the screen can be used by any device, a display adapter was fixed where the laptop port can be connected to operate the screen through a VGA cable and an external power supply.


A glass was placed so as to not damage the screen and the desk when working on it and a pattern of thin cut acrylic tube was added for aesthetic appeal.

 Final result:






View this post on Instagram

A post shared by iamJohnnySam (@iamjohnnysam) on

No comments:

Post a Comment